Monday, January 23, 2017

~A Bit Of My Process~

I Create On Artist Canvas Boards...
I Have Created On Stretched Canvases...
I Find That The Canvas Boards...
Just Fit Me Better...
As I'm Fairly Aggressive...
When I'm Creating...
I Tend To Do A Lot....
Of Sanding, Scratching, Rubbing...
And So On...And So On...

I Know Lots Of Folks...
Work On Multiple Works At Once...
I Tend To Work On One Canvas At A Time...
I Like Giving My Full Attention...
To My Newest Funked Up Art Creation...

While A Layer Is Drying...
That's When I Catch Up On Computer Stuff...
Or Paint Little Bits & Bobs Of Paper...
To Collage On Later ....
 I Use Some Store Bought Papers...
But, I Always Embellish Them...
With My Own Painted Doo~Dads!

My Funked Up Art...
May Appear Very Simplistic...
One Would Think ...
It Would Take Lit'l Time To Create...
Truth Be Told...
To Achieve A Naive~Crude~Whimsical~Funky Style...
Takes LOTS Of Time!!
Some Of  My Canvases Have Over 100 Lit'l Bits ...
Of  Hand Painted Paper Pieces....eeeeks!

Below Is A Photo Of The Very Beginning Stages...
The Background Has 20 Different Layers Of Colors...
Now I Will Begin With Painting Lit'l Papers...
To Start Creating Whatever Design ...
Happens To Start Taking Place...

By This Stage I Have A Vague Idea...
Of What Theme I Would Like To Go With...
Truth Be Told...
Most Of The Time...
I Go In An Entirely Different Direction!


Please Click On The Link Below The Banner At The Top Of The Page...
And Check Out The Right Hand Side Bar For More Links...

Enjoy!