Wednesday, March 29, 2017

~Labels~

I Often Hear...
"That Surprises Me You Made That"
"I Didn't Know You Liked Pastels"
"That Doesn't Look Like Your Stuff"
"I Thought You Made Primitives"
 
Most Often These Comments Are From Those...
That Do Not Create ...
Or Only Create One Style Or Type Of Art...
 
Myself...I LOVE All Kinds Of Art...
I Love The Pastel Cottage Colors...
I Love The Deep Dark Drab Primitives...
I Love The Bright Funky Outsider Art...
I Could Go On And On...
 
But, What I Don't Like...
Are Labels...
I Dislike When What I Make Gets Labeled...
In The World Of Keywords, Hashtags, SEO, etc...
It's Impossible To Not Have To Define Our Art...
But, I Really Don't Like Having To...
I Don't Want To Be Labeled As Being...
That Person That Makes Only One Thing...
Having Only One Style...
 
My Own Home Is Becoming...
More & More A Reflection Of What I Love...
And That Is EVERYTHING!
I Use To Stick To A More...
Flowing Decor...
My Home Had To Have Rhyme Or Reason...
Not So Much Now...
 
I've Been On A Yarn Spree Of Sorts Lately...
Crocheting Like A Mad Woman...
The Husband Is Afraid He'll Come Home...
And Find That I've Yarn Bombed All The Furniture...
Who Knows...That Might Actually Happen!
 
As I've Gotten Older...
I Find I Believe That My Home...
Should Be A Reflection Of What I Love...
If I Love An "Ass Biter" Dog Canvas...
Hanging Next To A Antique China Plate...
Then So Be It!
 
http://www.sonjasandell.com/collections/funked-up-originals/products/original-canvas-ass-biter
(click for more info)

Hope You Are Having A Happy Day!